You’ll Love This Acrylic Painting Book If:
- You want to know how to add aesthetic effects to your painting, like metallic, prismatic, optical, & luminous effects
- You want a step-by-step guide that will help you master acrylic painting techniques
- You want to experiment with a wide variety of painting techniques in order to create nearly endless combinations of effects on canvas
Acrylic Illuminations by Nancy Reyner is a book chock full of acrylic painting techniques for both beginners and experts alike. You’ll begin with a crash course on acrylic, where you’ll learn which painting tools are necessary to own and how to use and experiment with them. Then, you’ll dive straight into a plethora of painting techniques, grouped together by visual effects or materials. Convenient and helpful tips on how to utilize these techniques are included at the beginning of each chapter. Add shine with metallic effects, reflection with prismatic effects, and a bit of brightness and glow with optical and luminous effects. Plus, learn how to apply paint without the use of designated tools with pouring techniques.
Enjoy clear step-by-step directions for each technique, as well as stunning visuals to accompany them and enhance your understanding. Let Nancy Reyner inspire you to try new painting methods and enjoy the dazzling results!
In Acrylic Illuminations You’ll Find:
- 50 acrylic painting techniques, including how to use metal leaf, reflective paints, and more
- Examples of artwork from 44 contributing artists that help illustrate the included techniques
- Clear, step-by-step instructions to ensure you thoroughly understand how to execute each technique
Watch Nancy demonstrate one of the techniques from Acrylic Illuminations:
About Nancy Reyner:
Born and raised on the east coast in the USA, Nancy received a BFA from the Rhode Island School of Design and an MFA from Columbia University. From creating costumes and sets for theater and film to coordinating public arts programs for the state of New York, she has had a wide-ranging career in the arts, all of which inform her work. She now lives in Santa Fe, New Mexico, and has been painting for more than 30 years, exhibiting and teaching both nationally and internationally. Nancy’s DVDs and previous books, Acrylic Revolution and Acrylic Innovation offer a multitude of techniques and ideas with the intent to add inspiration to artists everywhere.