You’ll love Alla Prima II if:
• You loved Richard Schmid’s original Alla Prima
• You are interested in the theories behind painting
• You’re searching for tips on improving your painting technique and skills
Alla Prima II is packed full with knowledge for painters of all mediums. This comprehensive book has increased in size one-third from the original Alla Prima. With fine-tuning and detailed clarification from the first edition, this book will teach you all you need to know about painting from classical educated and lifelong teacher and painter Richard Schmid.
This book provides a broader frame of reference in the important aspects of painting than ever before. Learn the crucial theory and technique behind painting as Richard emphasizes Alla Prima or Direct painting systems. Dive deep into color, value, composition, and more in fascinating detail with historical background references. Most of all, this book includes the important tidbit every artist needs to know—what to do when everything goes in wrong in your artwork! Richard uncovers the solutions and so much more!
In Alla Prima II you’ll find:
• 262 fascinating colored imagines
• 328 pages packed full of helpful information and tips for your painting
• New content exclusive to Alla Prima