You’ll Love This Portrait Painting DVD If:
- You love to paint portraits and want to add more emotion to your pieces
- You want to learn new portrait painting tips from alla prima artist Rose Frantzen
- You want to discover more techniques & tips for painting alla prima
In Alla Prima Portraiture with Rose Frantzen you'll hear from Rose herself as she takes you through the entire portrait painting process. Covering her favorite portrait painting tips and techniques, Rose completes a portrait from start to finish. This lesson is fast-paced and shows you the way to bring heightened sensitivity and character subtleties to your canvas.
Achieve a more realistic result with the portrait painting techniques in this DVD. A dancing playful brushstroke and an engaged attitude add up to portrait painting success with the Alla Prima Portraiture with Rose Frantzen DVD.
In the Alla Prima Portraiture with Rose Frantzen DVD You’ll Learn:
- How to identify the anchor in your portrait leading you through the painting process, building a foundation for the entire piece
- Tips & techniques for bringing clarity to your piece by developing a "patient look", and relaxing your brushwork & increasing your engagement
- Rose Frantzen's technique for "walking across the form" indicating value, color, and form
About the Author: Rose Frantzen
Known as an alla prima painter, Rose Frantzen studied under the famous artist, Richard Schmid. Her series of portraits, "Portrait of Maquoketa" was exhibited at the National Portrait Gallery, in Washington D.C. Her work often features stylish elements such as gilding, stained glass and mosaics.