An Artist's Handbook: Materials and Techniques
By Margaret Krug
Discover the essential studio reference every artist should own. Transform your artwork with the guide artists are raving about.
Contemporary artist and instructor, Margaret Krug has compiled one of the most comprehensive resources in the market today in the must-have reference An Artist’s Handbook Materials and Techniques.
Expand your artistic repertoire with both traditional and contemporary painting techniques, including art instruction and lessons in: drawing, watercolor, encaustic painting, egg tempera, fresco, oil painting, acrylic painting, and more!
This how-to-paint art resource takes you from the preparing your canvas to the final steps. Develop a strong foundation of art techniques necessary to succeed with Krug’s basic exercises and art instruction.
Order your copy today to:
Fine tune your practice with the must-have resource you’ll use again and again.
- Find the right surface for your favorite medium—learn which material pairings complement one another.
- Save money and mix the perfect hues with art instruction to making your paints by hand in watercolor, oil, and acrylic.
- Challenge yourself with new painting techniques—follow each art demo, then use the techniques you learn to create original paintings on your own.
- Enrich your pieces and your process with a thorough knowledge on how to prepare your surfaces properly to be the most receptive.
- Accurately depict the world around you with art instruction and advice to achieve contour, gesture, shape and volume, value, and more.
- Explore topics rarely covered in print such as distemper, encaustic, egg tempera and many more.
- Enhance your work with unique painting techniques—draw with painterly inflections to paint your subjects in new and exciting ways.
- Use your medium’s properties to your advantage—create depth in acrylics by using the quick drying paints to create layers.
- And more!
Order your copy of An Artist’s Handbook Materials and Techniques today!