You’ll love this photography book if:
- You own a DSLR, and want to learn how to use it
- You use mobile photography apps on your phone, and want to learn how to get the most out of them
- You’re looking to learn how to take better photos, regardless of the camera you’re using
Resist the urge to default to using the Auto mode on your camera, and learn how to use the many manual features at your disposal with Art of Everyday Photography by Susan Tuttle. Whether you own a DSLR and would like to learn how to use its many versatile features, love taking photos on Instagram and aspire to be a successful iPhoneographer, or just want to boost the overall quality of your photography in general, this book is for you.
Begin with the process of transitioning from full Auto mode to full Manual mode, discover how your camera actually works, and learn how to use different functions effectively. After learning the ins and outs of your camera, apply this newfound knowledge to various types of photography, from portraits and landscapes, to still life and food photography, travel photography, and more. Practice using the tips and techniques presented to improve the overall quality of your photography, and discover your personal style. In addition to learning how to use a traditional camera, you’ll also find helpful techniques for taking high-quality photos using mobile photography.
In Art of Everyday Photography you’ll find:
- Stunning works and advice from 15 top digital photographers
- Various tips for using your smart phone’s camera, as well as the lowdown on the coolest photo apps
- Tips for abandoning your camera’s full Auto mode to move toward manually controlling its numerous features to reflect your artistic vision
A word from the author:
“This book is infused with my passion to teach you how to get your DSLR out of full Auto mode and to best use and control its features to make artful photos that are a realization of your creative intentions.” —Susan Tuttle
About the author:
Maine photographer Susan Tuttle has written three books with North Light: Photo Craft, Digital Expressions and Exhibition 36. Her mobile photography has won many awards and Susan's iPhoneography has been exhibited internationally. Susan continually shares her passion for photography through online workshops.
Chapter 1: Make Better Photos Right Now
Chapter 2: Take Creative Control of Your Digital SLR
Chapter 3: Portraits
Chapter 4: Still-Life & Food Photography
Chapter 5: Landscape & Nature Photography
Chapter 6: Everyday Life & Travel Photography
Mobile Photo Wall of Fame