Date: Tuesday, June 4th 2013
Time: 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM EDT
This webinar will cover creatively customizing found objects, assemblage accents and sculptural creations with unique finishes and patinas. To enliven the mixed-media landscape, a diverse array of techniques and materials from repurposed and custom treated natural and man-made elements will be explored. With the addition of faux finishes and decorative techniques, the everyday object can be transformed into a one-of-a-kind accent, communicating a concept or illuminating a subject in a unique way.
About the Instructor: Lisa L. Cyr (www.cyrstudio.com) is an accomplished multidisciplinary artist and author with a content-driven approach. Her highly imaginative, fantasy-inspired works use layers of metaphor and allegory to stimulate curiosity, provoke thought and encourage further inspection. A poetic, rhythmic synthesis of drawing, painting, collage and assemblage, Cyr’s visually tactile, mixed-media work is composed to collectively create a new reality with a more expressive, symbolic arrangement. An artist member of the Society of Illustrators NYC and the International Society of Experimental Artists, Cyr’s work has been featured in numerous magazines, books and online. She has authored seven books on art and design and writes for many of the creative industry’s leading art publications. In addition, Cyr gives workshops across the country and teaches in several of the top MFA graduate programs.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is an online seminar?
- It is a live, online event that you view on your computer at a specific day and time. Think of it as a workshop right in your living room. Our events are scheduled on Eastern Standard Time (EST), so if you are in a different time zone, you will need to take scheduling into account — for example 1 PM EST = 12 PM CST, and so on…
What are the technical requirements for participating in an online seminar?
- You need a computer and a reliable broadband connection, as well as a Web browser (e.g., Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer).
What can I do during an online seminar?
- Hear the presenter deliver the workshop (via phone or VOIP)
- See visuals from the presenter’s computer (e.g., PowerPoint, web browser, or any document they wish to share)
- Ask the presenter questions in real time What if I have any technical problems getting into the seminar?
- We have technical support on hand to help you. Nearly 100% of our attendees don’t have any trouble after we assist them. You can sign on at least 10 minutes before the session is scheduled to begin, giving you time to ask questions if you have any trouble.
- Our seminar system will work with both Macs and PCs.
NOTE: This webinar does not contain an archived link of the presentation.