Create a harmonious color palette for your next painting!
You will love this color mixing DVD if:
- You are having trouble mixing color to achieve harmonious paintings
- You would like to learn about primary colors, tertiary colors and complementary colors
- You want learn how to achieve the right mood in portrait and landscape paintings
In Basic Color Mixing Techniques with Mark Menendez you will discover how easy it is to gain confidence in painting with color. Follow along through several demonstrations with topics covering how the color wheel works, the difference between hues, pigments and tones, how to mix color. Gain a better understanding of the characteristics of paint from learning how it is made. Not only will you learn the essentials in mixing color but also how to achieve the right color in every situation using different color arrangements. In the end you will be confident in your skills and create your own strong, harmonious and vibrant paintings in oil or acrylics.
In this Color Mixing Video you will learn:
- How to use your store bought color wheel to achieve the right color
- The role of earth tones and how to get grays and neutrals
- How to use complementary colors
- How color arrangements work to create the mood of the painting
- How values create form
Preview now to learn about mixing tertiary colors, how to use earth tones in your paintings, and how to use values to create form.
To get the most out of your paintings, make sure you take a look at the other video workshops in this series:
Painting Techniques of the Masters with Mark Menendez
Basic Drawing Techniques with Mark Menendez
Colors (Winsor and Newton Oils)
Cadmium Red Light
Cadmium Yellow Deep
Cadmium Yellow Light
Permanent Green Light
Solvent (for cleaning brushes)
White and Black Acrylics for Value study
ABOUT THE ARTIST
Mark Menendez is an acclaimed artist with works housed in several permanent private and corporate collections, and has illustrated books for several publications, including Anne Rice’s The Mummy, as well as several children’s books. He teaches several art classes and workshops per year that cover a wide variety of mediums and styles, helping students develop their skills without being bound to one genre or medium.