Wildlife painter and print artist Susan Bourdet develops her painting from concept to signature.
- tips on photographing wildlife
- how to create luminous wet-into-wet backgrounds
- dry brush weathered wood
- knot holes and nails
- use of gouache to add sunlit sparkle
- how to achieve depth while maintaining the illusion of soft feathering
- and a cascade of delicate vibrant flowers.
This video download compresses an extended process into 75 information-packed minutes with short cuts, product tips and safe guards.
Preview Bold & Beautiful, Backyard Wildlife in Watercolor with Susan Bourdet Now!
SB1-P01 from Creative Catalyst on Vimeo.