You’ll Love this Chinese Watercolor Painting Book If:
- You want to explore classic and modern landscape painting techniques
- You love the look of Lian Quan Zhen’s work and want to hear tips from the artist himself
- You are a watercolor artist looking to explore landscapes
Lian Quan Zhen is known for his classic combination of Eastern and Western art. Now you can follow along through 27 complete watercolor landscape painting demonstrations in this exciting watercolor painting book. Learn how to paint landscapes in watercolor in Lian’s charming style. In addition to tips and techniques for how to paint Chinese landscapes, this book also includes American and other landscapes from around the world.
In addition to the necessary tools and tricks to creating landscapes in watercolor, Lian Quan Zhen also shows you tips for working plein air, or outdoors and well as how to capture mood and emotion in your work. This watercolor painting book is great for artists of all skill levels and includes a brief history of Chinese painting!
In Chinese Landscape Painting Techniques for Watercolor You’ll Learn:
- How to compose and create perspective in your watercolor landscapes
- What tools and techniques you’ll need for Chinese painting and watercolor painting
- How to depict all 4 seasons using a Chinese painting style
A Word from Lian Quan Zhen:
“Chinese painting has trained me to use minimum strokes and fewer colors to achieve maximum effects. It has also helped me learn how to control water and color on raw Shaun paper (nonsized rice paper), which is similar to paper tower in its absorbance and blending. Chinese painting has helped me not set out to paint each artwork as a masterpiece, but to respect the piece as a work in progress.” – Lian Quan Zhen