You'll Love This If:
- You love painting portraits in oil
- You want tips on painting portraits from life
- Life-like skin tones in portraits are tricky for you
Discover a simple approach to capturing a world of beautiful skin tones as Chris Saper takes the mystery and guesswork out of portrait painting while leaving its joy fully intact. Continuing the exploration started in her first book, Painting Beautiful Skin Tones with Color & Light, this sequel offers step-by-step demonstrations that cover an even wider range of ethnic groups and ages. You'll get professional advice on using reference photos, and combining approaches to create realistic likenesses from Chris Saper in this oil painting portrait book. Chris has exhibited her work in the US Senate Rotunda and the National Arts Club in New York City. She has also been featured in Stroke of Genius 2: The Best of Light and Shadow
Watch now as Chris Saper opens up the pages of Classic Portrait Painting and gives you some take-home tips along the way!
(Please note: This event took place in the past, and we apologize that the coupon codes are no longer applicable. Visit the Online Seminars page of ArtistsNetwork.com to learn more about upcoming FREE ArtistsNetwork Online Seminars.)
Inside Classic Portrait Painting in Oils You'll Learn:
- A series of 14 step-by-step demonstrations of 7 diverse subjects painted from life and from photos that illustrate the advantages of each approach
- Techniques for seeing and recording accurate colors at live sittings, and retaining that accuracy when working from photographic references
- Tips on posing and lighting your portrait subjects using both artificial and natural light sources
- Expert advice for shooting, selecting and working from reference photographs, including how to compose dynamic multiple-subject portraits
- Techniques for painting eyes, eyeglasses, mouths, wrinkles and other defining details
Though the demonstrations and examples are done in oils, Saper's techniques are universal. Regardless of your medium or skill level, the lessons inside will make painting skin colors easier, the process more enjoyable and your great results more predictable.
A Word From the Artist
”My hope for you is to enjoy the freshness and immediacy that comes with the challenge of painting from life because there just isn’t any substitute. You’ll find that the more you observe the individuality of your model, the more beautiful she or he becomes. Enjoy the intoxication that comes with the privilege of painting a living human being and the sheer pleasure that accompanies really seeing color.” – Chris Saper