You’ll Love this Painting Technique Book If:
- You want to develop your artistic eye
- You want to understand the technique behind your favorite paintings
- You want to discover new painting techniques
- You love learning about the process behind your favorite painting style
Clear explanations and close-up photography illustrate different painting techniques
used by master painters in A Closer Look
. Art expert, Jo Kirby explains how the material artists paint on, pigments used and the type of brush used all have an effect on the overall technique. The medium they choose – such as oil, watercolor, or egg tempera also plays an important part. In A Closer Look
you’ll see examples from the National Gallery Collection and soon you’ll have a better understanding of a wide range of painting techniques. See art with a fresh eye!
In This Painting Technique Book You’ll Learn:
- How to look at paintings with a fresh perspective
- How materials & resources affect painting style
- How a painting is made & how painting effects are applied to the canvas
About the Author: Jo Kirby
From the Scientific Department of the National Gallery in London, Jo Kirby is an expert on pigment. Known around the world for her paint material knowledge, Kirby has contributed to a number of publications.