Master the tools and techniques of this exciting, contemporary medium
How can you create stunning artwork that combines the traditions of conventional media with the marvelous opportunities of digital painting programs?
With Digital Painting for the Complete Beginner, learn the techniques of digital painting to unleash the endless possibilities for this unique medium. Writing for beginners with little to no experience in digital painting, Carlyn Beccia begins with the fundamentals, including understanding brushes, canvases, and available media—with opportunities to practice and experiment along the way. The easy to follow tutorials show how to create a diverse range of art, including drawings, sketches in pastel and watercolor, oil paintings, and mixed media pieces.
Whatever your interests in art and digital media, Digital Painting for the Complete Beginner will be your point of departure for making your own expressive and unique digital works.
- A practical and informative guide to digital painting with Photoshop and Painter
- Includes comprehensive illustrated tutorials and walkthroughs
- Shows the techniques and tools that effectively simulate natural media
- Covers a wide range of techniques and painting styles
- Carlyn Beccia has won several awards for her children’s picture books and illustrations. Her tutorials are published in Painter magazine