You will love this animal drawing guide if:
- You are an animal lover and wanting to capture their natural beauty in your drawings
- You need help on drawing techniques like values, shading, and form
- You are looking for tips on drawing finishing techniques
Learn to draw the animals you love! Draw Realistic Animals is a complete drawing guide to teach you how to draw a wide array of animals including urban and domestic animals and wildlife in their natural habitat. Follow detailed step-by-step lessons to bring your drawings to life with exceptional detail and capture the unique personality of each animal. Packed with helpful advice and over one hundred art examples, you will be drawing realistic animals in no time!
In Draw Realistic Animals you will find:
- 128 pages of beautiful images and detailed examples
- 14 demonstrations tackling a variety of subjects and backgrounds, with specific focus on techniques for drawing fur, scales, feathers, and more
- Hands-on lessons clarifying the basic concepts of drawing: value, shape, form, lighting and composition
A Word from the Author
“It is my hope that you reach the end of this book feeling more confident about your drawing ability than when you first started. No matter what you decide to draw as your subject, it is my desire that you enjoy the process and understand what is needed to create a drawing with the fi ne detail and subtleties that I so love to create in my work.” –Robert Louis Caldwell
About the Author
Robert Louis Caldwell spent his boyhood in the state of New York, where he learned to love the outdoors. He attended Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, where he graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in 2000. He won several awards in college including an honorable mention in Strathmore Artist Papers’ student illustration contest and a certificate of merit from the Society of Illustrators.
Never without his camera and sketchbook, Robert draws inspiration from familiar subjects using photographic references that is complemented by field studies to compose his drawings and paintings.
Robert is represented by Lovetts Gallery in Tulsa, Oklahoma, and Berkley Gallery in Warrenton, Virginia.
His work has appeared in numerous national exhibitions, including Birds in Art; Art of the Animal Kingdom; Art and the Animal; and NatureWorks Wildlife Art Show & Sale. In 2010, Ramsey’s Porch (Mourning Dove) was selected for the prestigious Birds in Art exhibition.
Part 1: Fundamentals
Part 2: Drawing Wild Life
About the Author