You’ll love this figure drawing book if:
- You are a fan of the Absolute Beginner series
- You want to improve your skills with professional drawing instruction
- You are a beginner to drawing and looking for drawing techniques on value, proportion and creating depth in drawing
Master drawing the human body in this edition of the Absolute Beginner series. Authors Mark and Mary Willenbrink will guide you through drawing techniques for drawing accurate figures from start to finish in 13 step-by-step demonstrations.
Begin your figure drawing exploration with familiarizing yourself with drawing supplies. Learn to pick the right drawing pencil based on the content and hardness of the core and how to find the right paper weight and surface texture. Next, discover different drawing techniques and principles including gesture drawing, contour, value, structure, and black and white sketching. Combine these techniques and supplies with lessons in proportion and you are on the road to successful figure drawings!
In Drawing People for the Absolute Beginner you’ll find:
- Expert advice for drawing heads, hands, legs, clothes and more
- Tips for ensuring accurate body proportions and feature placement in your drawing
- 128 pages of 13 detailed demonstrations featuring diversity of model types, lighting and poses
A Word from the Author
“The human form is simply amazing! While working on Drawing People for the Absolute Beginner, we were continually impressed by the intricacy of the human body. As youjourney through this book, we hope you are inspired not only to draw the human figureaccurately, but also to appreciate the unique qualities of every person.” -Mark and Mary Willenbrink
About the Authors
Mark and Mary are the best-selling authors of the Absolute Beginner series. They enjoy sharing the fundamentals of art in understandable terms, encouraging others to pursue their creative potential. Mark is also a fine artist and teaches art classes and workshops. Mark and Mary live with their family, border collie and two cats in southwestern Ohio. For more information on their latest books and workshops, visit www. shadowblaze.com and check out Mark’s Facebook fan page.
Chapter One: Techniques and Principles
Chapter Two: Proportion and Features
Chapter Three: Lets Draw People!
Your Finished Drawing
About the Author