You’ll love this encaustic art book if:
- You want to learn a wide variety of encaustic techniques
- You’re a fan of author Patricia Baldwin Seggebruch
- You’d like to learn how to apply the art of encaustic to a range of mediums and surfaces
Inspired by a weeklong event called Encausticamp, an encaustic-centered art venue and retreat hosted by Patricia Baldwin Seggebruch in Seattle, comes Encaustic Revelation, a book filled with the workshops taught at this innovative event. Through step-by-step demonstrations with helpful photos, attend nine individual workshops taught by different instructors. Each session provides innovative techniques and a different twist on encaustic painting, including printmaking, paper, collage, solder, and more.
Begin your foray into encaustic art with an exploration of the tools and materials you’ll need to get started, so you’re ready to dive right into the workshops. You’ll also benefit from helpful explanations of the basics of encaustic painting, in order to clarify some of the beginning steps of the projects you’ll create. Once you’ve established the basics, enjoy the artistic inspiration and varied nature of the nine provided demonstrations. Learn how to create jewelry with encaustics, make plaster and encaustic books, craft monoprints and collographs, practice surface design with encaustic, and much more. Plus, among the demonstrations you’ll also get tips for mastering the different encaustic techniques presented. Whether you’ve experimented with encaustic art before, or are just starting out in this waxy practice, enjoy the wide range of creative projects in this inspiring book!
In Encaustic Revelation you’ll find:
- Nine step-by-step demonstrations from nine popular artists, including Patricia Baldwin Seggebruch, Bridgette Guerzon Mills, Michelle Belto, Crystal Neubauer and Judy Wise
- Dozens of innovative techniques for working with encaustic, from working with hand-dyed textile surfaces, sculpting with wax, and much more
- 30 student projects and 56 finished pieces of art from the instructors - visualize the art you’re going to make!
A word from the author:
“I birthed EncaustiCamp so the art world would better see and therefore know that encaustic is what I continuously proselytize it is: a dynamic form of creative expression that holds unlimited potential to encourage everyone to their own creative voice.” - Patricia Baldwin Seggebruch
About the author:
Patricia Baldwin Seggebruch has more than 16 years of experience painting in acrylics & encaustics. She teaches workshops and gives demonstrations throughout the country and has won several awards for her work. Her work has been included in many private and public collections and her exciting instruction and tips have been featured in many top publications including Cloth, Paper, Scissors, and ArtAccess.
What You’ll Need
Tools and Materials
Creating Colored Wax
Priming and Fusing
1. Encaustic Encapsulation: Creating Jewelry with Encaustics
2. Plaster and Encaustic Books
3. Boxing Encaustic: Intuitive Collage and Assemblage Combinations
4. Printmaking with Encaustics: Monoprints and Collographs
5. The Primary Core and the Encaustic Landscape
6. Encaustic 3-D: Sculpting with Foam and Wax
7. Dyed in Encaustic: Indigo and Procion
8. Hot Fabrications: Sculpting with Fabric, Fiber, Lutradur, Tyvek and Beeswax
9. Surface Design and Encaustic
EncaustiCamp Participant Gallery
About the Instructors
About Patricia Baldwin Seggebruch