You'll Love This Book If:
- You're a graphic designer or any kind of visual artist
- You want the most efficient printing possible, the most bang for your buck
- You want to get your print jobs done right the first time, with no hassle
Designers can save time, money and frustration with this essential guide to printing!
Printing is one of the few industries in which the customers take an active part in the manufacturing. The success of printing jobs depends on the printing buyer as much as the printer. In this book, you learn how to participate in the unique cooperative workflow of the graphic arts. You discover the technical and business requirements needed to make printing's blend of art, craft and industry work for you.
In Getting It Printed You'll Find:
- Illustrations, examples and photographs that convey concepts most understandable in a visual format
- Forms to help you pinpoint needs and record individual information
- Checklists that relate to standards of quality and service and help spot problems with items such as files and transparencies
- Anecdotes that capture the creative flavor of the graphic arts
- And more!
The skills you build using this book increase your control throughout the production sequence. You improve communication to produce more satisfactory results, on-time deliveries and lower costs. And you discover how to find the right printer at the right price for every job. A truly invaluable resource for any visual artist.
What People Are Saying
"Getting It Printed is a classic—an extraordinarily clear and comprehensive guide that has helped more people understand printing than any other publication. Mark Beach set the standard over a decade ago. Now Beach and Kenly take the book to a higher and more current level."—Frank Romano, Professor of Graphic Arts, Rochester Institute of Technology