You’ll love this portrait painting video if:
- You are struggling with painting realistic watercolor portraits
- You want to learn how to paint portraits
- You are a fan of Luana Luconi Winner
Painting watercolor portraits just got easier with this easy-to-follow video lesson from Luana Luconi Winner. Learn to create beautifully depicted portraits feature-by-feature with helpful tips and techniques for painting realistic eyes, noses, mouths, ears, and hair. Along the way, Luana will teach you how to master the challenges of perspective that will turn an average painting into a creation of a master. Finally, watch how a watercolor painting comes to life as Luana demonstrates painting a portrait of a young woman.
In How to Paint Watercolor Portraits the Easy Way you’ll find:
- Easy techniques for mastering challenging facial features
- Watercolor painting techniques including wet-into-wet, using watercolor pencils, lifting color, layering and more
- Color mixing techniques for matching hair and skin tones
Preview How to Paint Watercolor Portraits the Easy Way now!
To get the most from your paintings, make sure you take a look at the other video workshops in the series:
How to Paint Pastel Portraits the Easy Way
How to Paint Oil Portraits the Easy Way
About the Artist
Award-winning portrait artist Luana Luconi Winner has painted portraits and murals that hang in private collections, corporations, universities and residences on both sides of the Atlantic. She works in multiple mediums, from pastels and sketches to watercolors and oils. Her work and classes and workshops can be found at her website, winnerstudios.com.
Cold-pressed paper (140- or 300-lb)
(Luana uses Winsor Newton or Sennelier)
Alizarin Crimson) or Crimson Lake)
Cadmium Red (or Vermillion)
no. 10 rounds
Water containers (2)
Watercolor pencils (variety of colors)