Conquer the Complexity of Nature with a Master's Approach to Painting Landscapes
Capture all that nature is, with advice from top artist and instructor Mitchell Albala. You'll master the range of light, form and structure, value patterns, and more in landscape techniques!
Concise, practical, and inspirational, Landscape Painting: Essential Concepts and Techniques for Plein Air and Studio Practice focuses on the greatest challenges for the landscape artist.
With this essential painters' guide you'll:
- Take on simplification and massing like a professional artist--reduce nature's complexity by learning to discover the form's basic masses and shapes.
- Explore color theory as it specifically applies to the landscape--use strategies to capture the illusion of natural light.
- Select your scenes wisely--Albala shows you the essential cues to look for and how to find the most promising subject for your work.
- Discover universal principles that can be applied to oil, acrylics, pastels, and drawing.
- Overcome the most common challenges of working from nature--simplification and massing, site selection and composition, and color and light.
- Channel your creative thought through the best materials for your vision and positively affect the outcome of each piece before you even begin.
- And more!
Move beyond an imitation of nature--learn to observe and reflect the true essence of a place in your work. Albala shares his best secrets for achieving compelling landscapes with examples from his own work and others, demonstrations, photographs, and in-depth studies.
Draw on the knowledge of over 40 contemporary artists and masters of landscape painting, including fine artists John Constable, Sanford Gifford, and Claude Monet.
Take your landscape painting to a whole new level of expertise with this exciting resource.
Order your copy of Landscape Painting: Essential Concepts and Techniques for Plein Air and Studio Practice today!