You’ll love this DVD and workbook pair if:
- You enjoy the work of Ian Roberts
- You are struggling with composition in your paintings
- You need tips and techniques for correcting compositional issues in your painting
Take a workshop from Ian Roberts without leaving your home! This DVD and workbook pair is filled with crucial information and instruction to ensure you’ll create a successful painting before you lay down your first brushstroke.
With Mastering Composition you’ll enjoy a two–and–a–half–hour, seven–part video course with workbook, packed with ideas, critiques, demonstrations, animated sequences, insights, and exercises. Each section of the seven part video course will help you “see” more effectively as a painter and be able to identify when your painting is not working and troubleshoot a solution.
In Mastering Composition you will:
- See your painting in terms of shapes and less in terms of subject matter
- Learn several time–tested conventions for leading the eye where you want it to go
- Learn to create the most engaging paintings of any subject matter
About Ian Roberts
Painting for over 40 years, Ian’s work can be seen in the U.S. and Canada, and he is an artist member of the California Art Club and a signature member of the Laguna Plein Air Painters Association. Ian teaches plein air painting internationally through his school Atelier Saint-Luc, and he is author of Mastering Composition: Techniques and Principles to Dramatically Improve Your Painting, published by North Light Books. Visit him at ianroberts.com for more information.