You’ll Love This Mixed-Media Book If:
- You want to learn a barrage of mixed-media painting techniques
- You learn techniques more effectively with demonstrations and examples
- You want to know how different painting mediums interact and can be incorporated into a mixed-media art project
Mixed Media Painting Workshop by Jean Pederson is a comprehensive resource for those looking to get down and dirty with mixed-media painting. Each chapter covers a different aspect of the painting process, from the mediums, tools, and surfaces at your disposal and how to use them, to plenty of mixed-media techniques like adding texture to paint, collage, embedding, and obscuring. Step-by-step painting demos and exercises help you visualize how to apply the included techniques and materials, and provide a reference point to compare your own work to. Not only are individual techniques explained, but they are also shown in combination with other techniques, mixed media, and surfaces to illustrate how different components of the painting process work together to create a truly cohesive piece.
In addition to thorough and helpful instruction, you’ll appreciate the many gallery photos included of Jean’s and other contributing artists’ pieces throughout the book. Start your mixed-media painting journey with the necessary background information, and inspire your own artwork with various visual examples.
In Mixed Media Painting Workshop You’ll Find:
- 21 step-by-step demonstrations to teach you both individual techniques and strategies for combining techniques
- Tips & ideas for working with a theme, defining your style, and more
- The fundamental information you’ll need to start your mixed-media painting journey out right, plus a wide variety of ways to apply your newfound knowledge
About Jean Pederson:
Jean Pederson has been painting for more than twenty years, has won numerous awards, and has exhibited her works throughout the world. Her traditional practice includes referential imagery of people, still life, landscape and abstraction. Mixed media is an important venue for her creative expression, and the layering of a variety of media offers Jean an assortment of possibilities within her work; quality of edge, line and texture all play a role within her imagery. She is the author of Expressive Portraits: Creative Methods for Painting People.