You’ll Love This Painting Book If:
- You’re interested in using animals as your subjects
- You want to learn how to capture even the smallest details of animals
- You like using several mediums in your art projects
Painting Your Favorite Animals in Pen, Ink and Watercolor by Claudia Nice covers a topic and mediums that will appeal to both newcomers and accomplished artists alike. Learn how to paint animals of various types and breeds—from hamsters, parakeets, and sheep, to 55 breeds of dogs and 26 breeds of cats. Master pen, ink, and watercolor painting techniques with step-by-step instruction in the form of 14 complete projects that illustrate how to refine simple shape diagrams into drawings, add color with watercolor, and finish with pen and ink details. Mini-demonstrations will teach how to capture smaller details like eyes, tails, and feathers. You’ll not only learn the basics of portraying various animals, but you’ll also discover how to depict realistic animal movements, like a stretching kitten, a grazing llama, and much more.
In Painting Your Favorite Animals in Pen, Ink and Watercolor You’ll Find:
- Over 60 mini-demos detail how to capture eyes, ears, tails, feet, fur, and feathers
- A broad range of animals and birds, including 55 breeds of dogs, 26 breeds of cats, domestic and wild horses, as well as sheep, goats, cows, pigs, hamsters, ducks, parakeets and more
- Easy-to-follow, conversational instruction from well-known artist Claudia Nice
About the Author:
Claudia Nice is the author of 12 successful North Light books including Creating Textures in Pen and Ink with Watercolor, How to Keep a Sketchbook Journal, and Watercolor Made Simple with Claudia Nice. Well-known by both fine artists and decorative painters, her friendly voice and clear instruction reach many artists.