Return to the origin of the earth and discover a new way of playing in the mud.
Raw, friendly and easily altered, plaster is perhaps the most versatile art medium you have yet to encounter. Beautiful in its luminosity, yet open to receiving a multitude of alterations, plaster will easily agree to being painted, carved, cast and sculpted. Stephanie Lee and Judy Wise will walk you through 24 stepped-out projects and will introduce you to a variety of plaster forms. Techniques you'll be introduced to will inspire you to go on and develop your own creations. Inside Plaster Studio you will discover:
- Plaster is the perfect surface for receiving image transfers.
- Encaustic medium makes plaster projects glow.
- Book pages and covers can be made from plaster.
- Plaster can give you depth with the use of stencils.
- Cast objects from plaster are easy to create and add to other works of art.
- Wire armature brings three-dimensional intrigue to an endless amount of possible projects when combined with plaster.
- Gallery pieces from the authors and contributing artists provide you with inspiring plaster examples.
Mix up your first batch of plaster today and see what Plaster Studio will inspire your imagination to carve out! Check out this free excerpt from Plaster Studio: How to use plaster, burlap, and acrylic paints to create a cracked burlap painting!