Self-Portraits: A Visual Journey of Insight
By David A. Laffel
Develop your portraiture skills and master a time-honored medium.
Discover the commitment and drive it takes to become one of the most accomplished portrait artists of today. Top oil-painting artist David A. Leffel shares his journey from novice to expert in exquisite self-portraits. Learn from his pitfalls and successes firsthand and explore the progression of a great oil-painting artist.
Order your copy of this must-have guide today to:
- Learn top art techniques and oil-painting tips both new and traditional, such as covering your surface with charcoal and picking out highlights with a kneaded eraser.
- Watch a master’s skills progress over time—compare his portraits before and after his discovery of advanced art techniques such as chiaroscuro.
- Turn setbacks into successes—be inspired by this portrait artist’s experience having been turned down by his ideal university and watch his unyielding efforts payoff.
- Guide the viewers’ eye as it moves across your finished piece with portrait painting lessons to evaluate your subject before making a single mark of oil on canvas.
- Find a style that resonates deeply with you—discover a lifetime of oil portraits in Leffel’s exploration of various styles such as Rembrandt, Modigliani, and more.
- Discover portrait painting lessons for every piece, including why he chose the composition, dress, pose, color, and more.
- And more!
Share in the journey of a master oil-painting artist beautifully documented with exquisite and inspiring imagery and essential portrait painting lessons.
Order your copy of this must-have art resource today.
||David A. Laffel