You’ll Love This Mixed-Media Book If:
- You love stencil art but need some project ideas
- You want to know the range of different materials stencils can be applied to
- You want to learn how to make stencils
Stencil Girl by Mary Beth Shaw is the ultimate resource for those looking to explore the versatility of stencil art. Included in this expansive book are a myriad of stencil ideas and projects submitted by expert contributors intended to help guide your creativity. Step-by-step instructions clarify each project and give you the opportunity to discover how paint, wax, stitching, frosting, and more can be used with stencils and applied to mixed-media projects to dazzling effect. In addition to incorporating stencils into your projects, you’ll learn ways of making stencils, and which materials you can use to do so.
Set your eyes on projects created using wood burning, encaustic, metalwork, and more, and try your hand at the same stencil applications. Be surprised by the variety of uses for stencils and mediums they can be applied to, and prepare to be inspired by what’s inside this comprehensive book.
In Stencil Girl You’ll Find:
- 18 included projects and many bonus projects with links to online instruction
- 3 projects sections dedicated to different ways of utilizing stencils, including home décor, edible treats, gifts, and more
- Inspiring gallery pieces from 20 contributing artists
About Mary Beth Shaw:
Mary Beth Shaw is author of Flavor for Mixed Media (North Light Books), a columnist for Somerset Studio magazine and the owner of StencilGirl Products. She has embraced mixed-media painting because she loves to play with art supplies. Mary Beth’s spontaneous process utilizes pastel, ink, marker and acrylics layered with various collage, texture and three-dimensional materials. Living in Wildwood, Missouri with her husband and three cats, Mary Beth is passionate about every moment of life.