Master a time-honored medium with top artist and instructor Michael Friel’s must-have guide Still Life Painting Atelier: An Introduction to Oil Painting.
Use the aspiring artists’ most patient subject matter, still life painting, and give yourself ample time to study and observe what you see.
Take an essential still life painting atelier course beginning with simple compositions and progressing to more complex arrangements.
Learn to address composition through thumbnail sketches and line drawings, use underpainting to study the characteristics of light and shade, the basics of color theory and color mixing, and much more!
Order your copy today to:
- Guide the viewer's eye through your pieces—learn to use a variety of brushes to create sharp and soft edges to enhance your work.
- Approach difficult subjects with confidence—expand your painting repertoire with techniques that will improve your work when painting metal and glass.
- Bring luminosity and texture to your work when you learn how to paint with glazing and scumbling techniques carefully explained.
- Set yourself up for success, starting with the setup of each piece with tips for gathering your materials, assembling your objects, directing your lighting, and more!
- Showcase your talents with the best materials for your purpose—explore all the essentials such as brushes, mahlstick, solvents, linseed oils, varnishes, and more!
- Create highlights and shadows more effectively when you discover the correct use of opaque and transparent colors.
- Become a better painter with step-by-step guided demonstrations on alla prima painting, painting in grisaille, applying a glaze, painting translucent surfaces, and more!
Discover a wealth of oil painting techniques to improve your skills and your artwork. Create compelling works like a professional artist with must-have advice in this complete course.
Order your copy of Still Life Painting Atelier: An Introduction to Oil Painting today!