Note: The paperback version won't be available till August 31, 2014.
You’ll love this book if:
- You are a beginner to drawing and painting in oil and watercolor
- You need instruction and practice on techniques like composition, perspective, value, and more
- You want to draw and paint subject matters including landscape, still life, and people
Now is your chance to become an expert in watercolor, oil, and pencil with this 400 page book from Mark and Mary Willenbrink! Discover more than 100 lessons from Mark and Mary’s most beloved books, compiled together in this all-encompassing guide.
Begin with familiarizing yourself with the materials in each medium including how to hold a pencil or brush and how to care for your materials. Learn to draw portraits of all ethnicities and ages, and enjoy detailed mini demonstrations covering facial features. Build on what you’ve learned and apply your knowledge to drawing nature and landscapes with step-by-step instruction for drawing butterflies, birds, trees, mountains, snowy landscapes and more. Once you are confident in your drawing skills move on to watercolor and oil painting demonstrations. Learn to paint monochromatically, explore positive and negative painting and more in demonstrations for painting landscapes, portraits, and still lifes. Each medium covers detail instruction for building a strong foundation in techniques such as perspective, value, composition, shading, color, and proportion.
In The Absolute Beginner's Big Book of Drawing and Painting you’ll find:
- Simple step-by-step instruction for drawing and painting a variety of subjects including people, landscapes, buildings, still life and more
- Guidance for how to set up a space to create and care for your materials
- Finishing techniques to complete your drawing and paintings
About the Authors
Mark and Mary Willenbrink are the bestselling authors of the Absolute Beginner series. Mark is also a fine artist and teaches art classes and workshops. His website is shadowblaze.com and you can also find his fanpage on Facebook. Mark and Mary live in Cincinnati, Ohio.
What You Need
Chapter 1: Gather the Materials
Chapter 2: Practice the Techniques
Chapter 3: Let’s Draw Portraits
Chapter 4: Lets Draw Nature
Chapter 5: Gather the Materials
Chapter 6: Learn the Basics
Chapter 7: Practice the Techniques
Chapter 8: Let’s Paint
Part 3—Oil Painting
Chapter 9: Gather the Materials
Chapter 10: Learn the Basics
Chapter 11: Practice the Techniques
Chapter 12: Let’s Paint