You 'll love this book about colored pencils if:
- You are interested in exploring new colored pencil techniques
- You are a colored pencil artist
- You love the works of Kristy Ann Kutch
Enhance your colored pencil drawings with innovative techniques and strategies in The New Colored Pencil. Best –selling author Kristy Ann Kutch will guide you through a myriad of new developments in materials, techniques, and practices focusing on both traditional and modern styles and uses for colored pencil.
This cutting –edge colored pencil instruction book explores techniques beyond the grade school wax or oil based pencils. Kristy guides you through the latest developments in colored media with expert recommendations for the newest pencil brands and drawing surfaces. Discover groundbreaking techniques including using the Grid Method, grating pigments, blending with heat, and more. With this go –to guide, you will enhance your artistic skills in color theory, combining color media, create and enhance textures, and experiment with surfaces to create interesting effects. Take your art to the next level by making your colored pencil art more vibrant and textured with new inspiration and perspective in this exciting medium !
Inside The New Colored Pencil you 'll find:
- Step –by –step demonstrations and inspiring art from today 's best colored pencil artists to support key elements of instruction
- Easy to follow lessons including: applying and lifting colored pencil, creating and enhancing textures with colored pencil, compatible surfaces for waxy colored pencils, getting the most out of color, and combining color drawing media
- 176 pages with technique demonstration for a wide array of subjects for still life, portraits and landscapes
A Word from the Author
“Colored pencil is ever –blossoming as a fine art medium, bringing with it new materials and surfaces, even an expanded concept of what ' drawing a painting in color ' means. This book presents many possibilities and techniques for widening those colored pencil boundaries. ” – Kristy Ann Kutch
About the Author
Kristy Ann Kutch has taught more than two hundred colored pencils and watercolor pencil workshops to artists and students nationwide. She is the author of Drawing and painting with Colored Pencil, and is a contributor to several colored pencil publications, including The Best of Colored Pencil, Creative Colored Pencil, and Colored Pencil Explorations. Her work has appeared in International Artist Magazine and Pratiques des Arts. She has authored a DVD called Colored Pencil Landscapes: Beyond the Basics, released by Artist palette productions. Kristy is a resident of Michigan City, Indiana.