Watercolor painter Cheng-Khee Chee (AWS DF, NWS) is a master of painting and design and synthesizes Eastern and Western philosophies and style, stretching the boundaries of watercolor media. In this workshop, he uses his traditional watercolor approach and shares insider tips, tricks, and advice as he paints a South American scene.
In Traditional Watercolor Approach, Vol. 2 you will learn Chee's approach, including:
- Working from several reference photos, and a studio study on moist paper
- Blocking large shapes and figures
- Criteria for evaluating a painting: leading the eye, connecting shapes, using a variety of shapes
- Brushwork techniques
- The benefits of double and triple loading
- How to lift color, stencil lines, and transfer an image
- And more!
Painters of all experience levels will benefit from Cheng-Khee life-long quest to understand the natural tendencies of watercolor media.