- Good techniques but the video is not helpful for beginners Review by Susan
Excellent teacher and I love the end result. I think I will struggle to follow the instruction. When I compare this to other online Art website, there are a few things that were missing which would make this video a 5 star rating:
- Pls add a list of paint colour used instead of showing 20 tubes of paints as some green, some yellow. For beginners, the ones who buy the video, that is not helpful at all.
- A picture of the final painting so we can take a picture and use that as reference instead of trying to catch it in flashes of the video.
- A picture of the sketch so we know how to draw it on to our paper.
- Clearer instruction on where to apply to masking fluid which I think is the critical part of this painting for the glass like highlights. Soon showed how she applied the masking fluid but did not show where and without a clear picture of the sketch, how would you know where to reserve the highlight.
I love Soon Warren's painting and would love to learn from her. But the video can be constructed better to cater for beginners.
(Posted on 5/30/2014)
- Vibrant Watercolor Techniques: Painting Glass with Soon Warren Review by Sandee
I love this video. She gives lots of techniques and is an excellent painter and teacher. I would highly recommend this video for anyone who wants to learn to paint glass and the technique of undercoating.
(Posted on 12/16/2013)