You'll Love Watercolor Essentials If:
- You're looking for basic watercolor techniques & want to explore more advanced approaches
- You love working with watermedia & want to find new ways to practice
- You're searching for a comprehensive watercolor painting book
includes great watercolor painting exercises
that will help you learn how to create unique & original artwork. Techniques & topics covered include masking with fluid, lace, paper doilies and molding paste as well as how to achieve a spattering look with a toothbrush and damp paper.
Learn how to paint waves, clouds, grasses and sand with these top watercolor painting techniques. Watercolor Essentials also includes an instructional DVD with more than 40 watercolor painting lessons. Demonstrations include round brushes, flat brushes & negative space and painting big, bold shadows.
In Watercolor Essentials You'll Learn:
- How to use marbling, monoprinting, gold leaf, rice paper, melting crayons & more in your watercolor painting
- How to create an atmosphere landscape & how to blend colors into your subjects
- How to lay a wash, apply a glaze & other basic watercolor painting techniques
Check Out this Excerpt from Watercolor Essentials:
If you just love to buy art supplies and have lots of different colors, you might consider organizing and separating your tubes by color.
Small clear plastic craft boxes and tackle boxes usually have lots of compartments that are just the right size for paint tubs. You can designate sections for specific colors. Clear boxes work well since you can see the range of color inside without opening it, making them convenient for stacking. Plasic baggies, which are flexible and easy to use, are another inexpensive option.
About the Author: Birgit O'Connor
Birgit O'Connor has been a watercolor painter since 1988. She is featured in 13 instructional DVDs and has authored pieces for Watercolor Artist, Artist's Magazine, and Artist's Sketchbook. Her work can be found in many private & corporate collections and galleries.
Love Watercolor Essentials? Let us know! Leave a Product Review Here!"