You’ll Love This Watercolor Painting Book If:
- You’re a fan of other works from Karlyn Holman
- You want to learn a plethora of watercolor techniques
- You want to apply your newfound knowledge to a variety of subjects
Watercolor – Making Your Mark by Karlyn Holman is a helpful resource that puts a spin on traditional watercolor techniques by incorporating unique materials and using them in unexpected ways. Expand your knowledge with step-by-step technique demonstrations, and be inspired by numerous contributor pieces that illustrate included techniques. Apply learned watercolor techniques to a wide variety of subjects, from abstracts to flowers, through included demonstrations. Consider this a “cookbook” of watercolor techniques—follow the basic recipe, but add or substitute different ingredients to invent new, personally meaningful creations.
In Watercolor – Making Your Mark You’ll Find:
- More than 40 watercolor techniques for painting flowers, landscapes, and more
- 300 color photos
- Contributor pieces that help demonstrate techniques covered
About the Author:
Karlyn Holman is the author of Watercolor Without Boundaries, Watercolor in the Spirit of Spontaneity, Watercolor Fun and Free, and Searching for the Artist Within. An internationally recognized artist, Karlyn has owned and operated her own gallery since 1968. Nature is the driving force in her paintings, whether abstract or realistic, and she possesses a loose spontaneous style and an energetic, encouraging teaching style.