Patterning is fun, easy and relaxing - and it is a great way to add interest and texture to any design. Joanne Fink presents creative monogram and pattern techniques in Zenspirations, offering intriguing ideas for filling borders, edges and spaces with creative flourishes. The many decorative borders, frames, shapes, and alphabet will appeal to a spectrum of tastes and styles. Use Joanne’s techniques to create details, depth and beauty reminiscent of classical architecture, medieval block printing and manuscript calligraphy. Her passion for beautiful patterns is contagious. Joanne makes it easy to turn simple lines into attractive designs while her doodled shapes inspire readers to embellish more and just have fun with the process.
Add interest and texture to any design using these decorative borders, frames, and shapes.
- drawing and sculpting facial planes to help ensure a likeness;
- use of photocopies to access value patterns;
- getting your value shifts right, using Jan's 40% rule;
- choosing color mixtures for skin;
- painting a mouth and teeth that look right;
- placing the final crevice darks to bring your painting to life; and
- integrating the whole painting with background colors.